Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight

I had so much fun last friday going to see Twilight with some of my closest friends, and then about 150 of my friends from the ward. Some ladies rented out a theater, so we got to go to the 'private screening'. We didn't have to wait in line at all, and we had awesome seats!

They got a microphone from the theater people and had trivia questions. Janae, Mandy, and I hurried down to participate. I won the soundtrack, which I really wanted. Then, I went back and answered more questions for my friends that were too shy to go down and play -- more cds....

It was just so fun to be in that hyper, teenage-filled atmosphere, seeing everyone's fun t-shirts, etc. You should have heard the clapping erupt when Edward walked into the cafeteria!

About the movie... I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Some parts were incredibly cheesy -- like the sparkle in the sunlight, and the whole meadow part. And, what was with the scaling of the trees? But, overall, I thought the actors fit their parts and they will just grow into their roles even more. My favorite actors were all the 'real' high school kids -- they were so great -- just like actual high school kids. And, I loved the awkwardness of Charlie.

So, I'm trying to talk Dave into seeing it with me. If that doesn't work, there are several ladies in our ward would didn't make it... I'll go again with them! :) Here are some shots of the day!

6 comments:

Bojana said...

Well, we'll probably have to wait another month or two or three before it gets here...I've really enjoyed reading about the whole thing - you guys didn't just watch a movie, it was quite an experience if you ask me!

Mandy Stewart said...

So fun. That 1st pic is funny. Liz and I look like a couple. Hmmm. I guess I should have leaned the other way!

I'm glad I got to sit with you guys!

Orange Peanut said...

How fun! We had a group of about 13 of us and it was so much fun to stay up late for the show! It was okay, but the guy they cast for Edward, just didn't make my heart melt. Sighhhhh! I can't wait to see it again, maybe it will be better the 2nd time around!

Unknown said...

I had a blast watching it here, too. I went with Tom and 2 other friends. It didn't start until 1 am - so I went to bed at 3:30 am - but it was worth it - I loved it.

Janell said...

I would go with you! As much as I didn't want to... I really liked it! :)
-jd

eBay said...

Ya girl! I thought I saw you up in line a bunch of times! I tried to give you the hard questions, alas, you triumphed every time! Hope you like the CD :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails