Monday, May 11, 2009

Josh's first lost tooth & Mother's Day

Josh had a loose tooth for several weeks before he decided to take matters into his own hands -- literally. I'll let him tell you in his own words.


In other news, I had a great Mother's day -- starting out with Teya sneaking into bed with me at 3 a.m. and throwing up! (on the carpet, not in bed, FORTUNATELY), giving her a bath, etc.... but it got better from then on out -- breakfast in bed, chocolate bars at church, a guest (John the Baptist) for sharing time (meaning I didn't have to be up there), a nap after church, making lemon bars, fruit dip, and strawberry tarts with my kids after my nap, dinner at John & Bev's house with my parents and family, and it ended with a wonderful book group at my house!

My parents came over and we 'discussed' The Fire of Faith that my dad wrote about their mission President experiences in Tonga. We had a great turnout and I think everyone enjoyed the evening. I know I did! I do enjoy listening to my dad's stories -- even though I'd heard most of them, there are always a few new ones to hear. So, thanks Mom and Dad for coming!

Here are a few funny Mother's day cards that I thought I'd share:

Front: Mom -- It's your day! So, forget the laundry, forget the cleaning, forget the cooking...
Inside: In other words... pretend you are Dad!

Front: Happy Mother's Day! 24 hours of appreciation, consideration, gifts, relaxation...
Inside: Surrounded by 364 days of reality!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there -- it is the silent, daily, simple things that matter -- so your work IS important!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

marcy said it was a great time... I miss getting together with book club. they don't have anything like that here. i'm glad you had a good day... you deserve it. I laughed OUT LOUD at the cards. I guess we need to take our day no matter what.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day. I meant to call all of my sisters yesterday - but I only got to a few of them before I hit the sack! Sorry. You are a great mom, though! That is so cute about Josh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails