Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Best Family Reunion...

We just got back from what Dave dubbed, "The Best Family Reunion" -- and it was for my family! Now that is saying something! We spent a wonderful week up at Aspen Grove with my family. Imagine beautiful weather (it was chilly at night, low 90's for a few short hours in the afternoon -- but other than that -- pleasant), beautiful mountains, your kids gone to fun groups of all the kids their ages all day, delicious meals three times a day that you don't have to cook or clean up, access to BYU creamery ice-cream each day, games, games, and more games, and a plethora of family activities. Now end it with a blowout concert with Miley Cyrus and 30 minutes of fireworks, and you have our last week! Here are a few pictures detailing the wonderful week!

Here is an adorable picture of Teya. She had so much fun with all the 'friends' (cousins).


This is me at the start of the ropes course we went on. It was harder than it looked.

This is Dave on the middle of the ropes course -- walking along cables in the tree tops. This is a group of us after Paintballing -- ouch! It HURT! One day we rode the chairlift up at Sundance and then hiked through to Stewart Falls. It was so much fun!
Josh was a 'bobcat' and met a new friend in his class. He loved the mini-golf course they had.


I had to document a scrabble victory I had. We must have played about 15 games throughout the week! Now that is vacation for me! The most entertaining part of the Stadium of Fire was watching Eden sing along to all of Miley Cyrus' songs.
This is Miley Cyrus herself. She sang 8-10 songs. It was lots of fun. Our favorite was "7 things".Here are some of the spectacular fireworks! Pictures, of course, never do them justice!

5 comments:

Kim said...

How fun! It sounds like everything went well. Gotta love family reunions that don't require a ton of work so you can actually enjoy your family.

Unknown said...

I think it's hilarious that we both mentioned the Creamery ice-cream on our blogs reporting the family reunion. Shows people where true Groberg's priorities are! =) It was great fun.

Wendy said...

How fun! So, 15 games of Scrabble? No wonder you came back and killed me! We should start a SCrabulous game with me, you and Kim.

Aspen Grove would be my dream reunion. If only I could convince the rest of my family!

Mindy McNamara said...

Sounds like you all had an awesome time. My parents want to do a family reunion at Aspen Grove....mabye one day it will really happen! I miss you guys, we need to get together. It's not like we live that far apart! :)

Orange Peanut said...

Looks like a great time! We have some other friends who went to the stadium of fire concert!

It is so good to see what you all are up to! I don't feel we really got a chance to get to know each other that well while you were here. Let's just say, I have relaxed a bit and am just enjoying where we are in life.

So good to catch up and can't wait to see what other adventures come your way in your day to day life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails