Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy 10 year anniversary!


Today is our 10 year anniversary! Yeah us! :) We went out Saturday night to celebrate it -- and we are also going to go to Hawaii later this year to further celebrate. We are all about the celebration!

So, we went to Maestro's Ocean Club for dinner. Reservations only. About 1/2 the items on the menu don't have prices (i.e. Mkt price), etc. Fortunately, a subcontractor had given Dave a $200 gift certificate to the Ocean Club. So, we did our best to spend it all. It wasn't that hard.

I ordered the special -- an ivory salmon -- pure white goodness straight from Alaska. I thoroughly enjoyed it. We also got clam chowder and lobster garlic mashed potatoes. Dave had a surf-n-turf of filet mignon and scallops. Add a Diet Coke, and you have a grand total of $163.00! Isn't that crazy! My salmon (and it was JUST the fish on the plate, no sides of rice or veggies or anything) was $43.00. I couldn't believe it. Glad I didn't know the price until well after I ate it -- because I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much! But, it sure is easier to spend someone else's money! :)

We were contemplating dessert (not knowing how close we were to the $200), when a waiter came up to us with a chocolate cake and a candle in it. I about blurted out that he had the wrong table, when he placed it down and it said "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate drizzling! It was so cool! I would have taken a picture of it if I had my camera. (This blogging and scrapbooking thing has me taking pictures of all sorts of weird things). The cake was heavenly (and free!). Our waiter was simply delighted with his $38 dollar tip, and we left with incredibly full tummies and smiles.

Then, in true Dave and Jennie fashion, we left the world of high-fashion and valet parking for a local punk-ridden movie theater and watched "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". I'm sure we were slightly over-dressed, but we laughed and enjoyed it along with the rest of suburbia.

So, ten years has come and gone. I can't remember not being married. Life is truly a blessing for us. Dave is a wonderful husband and father. We have three incredible kids -- and I'm not just biased, ask anyone who knows them! Life is good -- especially when you get to each $43 salmon for free!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys sound like us! Did you talk about the kids the whole night too? Happy Anniversary. I had forgotten about just having Keller and showing up at your reception. Of course I had to be there. You were and will always be considered a dear and close friend no matter how long its been or how far apart we are. Wow, 10 years!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that you are going to Hawaii - I'm so jealous. That dinner sounds, well... absolutely disgusting to me (I hate all things seafood) - but glad you enjoyed it. Was the movie worth the ticket price or should I wait until DVD? Happy Anniversary to you both!

Diana Waite said...

So fun! Congradulations!! I just LOVE these pictures they are the best!

Julia said...

Amazing! 10 years! Congratulations. You both look great. It seems like Hawaii is the 10-yr-anniversary destination. I will have to tell Brent to keep that in mind for 2010.

Bojana said...

Congratulations! Ne živim blizu, a ker vaju poznam in od tega, kar berem, sta mi zgled dobrega zakonskega para. Havaji? Mmm...

Wendy said...

That's awesome to eat so fancy for FREE! How cool. Your post made me sad all over again that I couldn't be at your wedding. Sigh. I guess the next best thing was being at your 30th birthday party!

Venetia said...

congratulations! (not to upstage you, but joe and I just celebrated 18 years.) you know how people have recurring dreams about being late to a big test or realizing they forgot to get dressed? I have a recurring dream/nightmare that I find myself back in the singles ward and I'm thinking "Oh, crap!" Excuse my french.
on another note I too have eaten (once) at mastro's for someone else's birthday and the only thing I remember was that our appetizer was $200. I don't care who you are, that's just not right. Enjoy.

Orange Peanut said...

Congrats to you guys! Sounds like you had fun and will have fun when you go to Hawaii!

So how was the movie? We want to see that this weekend - it looks hilarious!

Marilyn said...

My 10 year anniversary seems like a lifetime ago. (I guess it was several lifetimes ago since both Luke and Joe weren't born yet.) Congratulations and here's to many more decades to come!

Steph said...

Congratulations Jennie and Dave!
I remember your first date. :)

We're going to Hawaii later this year for our tenth anniversary also. Maybe we'll meet up for dinner one night. ;)

Steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails